Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Wired Again
Okay, so this week on wired I read about mars rovers, censorship, and what I found most intriguing, eternal life. Here’s my question: why does a nihilistic self-proclaimed atheist want to live any longer than he already has to? If his goal is to live until he finally discovers the meaning of life there is plenty of time to do that in most lifetimes. Ironically to provide him with his longevity that he longs for he seeks to conduct research on very young, undeveloped humans. All this is to say there is little here on earth truly worth sticking around indefinitely for. I am not saying that there are not pursuits worth dedicating time and energy to but what makes any one person worth keeping around longer than the rest of us? Well, I guess I have put more questions here than answers but here is what it all breaks down to.


Pop-culture tells us that there is no truth, that God is dead, and that we are simply a product of some unsubstantiated evolutionary process involving processes that are more far-fetched then the idea of Kevin Costner saving a flooded world from disaster. We cannot make statements about others for fear that we will be labeled as criminals of hate. I apologize for cultural taboos that may be here broken but living longer so that promotion of a decedent society can be perpetuated seems like the least noble cause, and I happen to be one to believe in nobility. Thus, forget your riches, forget what this world can do to promote your ego and look to see what your knowledge and skill can do to truly help the world (a novel concept if the world has ever heard one). Anyway, this did have something to do with technology, but it’s a stretch I know…at least I’m thinking.

0 comments:

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.