Home ::: Links ::: Contact

The World At Large, How Can I Complain?

Okay, so I haven't written on this blog about my musical choice in a long time, and knowing that all of you hard-core bcBlog fans are desperate for some new tunes, here are the songs and bands that I have been recently listening to:

Alexei Murdoch – Orange Sky. I was watching a preview for some movie coming out about suicide bombers and this song started playing. I was like “wow! I thought I had heard all of Nick Drake's music, where in the world did this one come from?” – then I searched and found that A. Murdoch sounds just like the Drake! – great music.

REDISCOVERED!The Moody Blues – Yeah so they pretty much rock! – This is a great band for all occasions.

The White Stripes – Blue Orchid The more I listen to the White Stripes the more I realize two things. First, all there music is about the same. Heavy drum, same ol' guitar riff, etc… Second, there music gets better the more you listen to it (for some reason). Yeah, so I don't know why I like them, but I do.

The Wailin' Jennys – Michal's godfather sent her this CD and it's great. They came to Bloomington just a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't find out until the day after. They really have some beautiful harmonies (though I still can't figure out why all their songs are about sailors?)

Dude 222 and Grandpappy Lewis – If you haven't heard of them, you should check 'em out!

6 comments:

Nathan said...

what's with the picture? what's it supposed to be of?

Nathan said...

dude222 and grandpappy lewis?

Benjamin Crum said...

umm... yeah so I changed the picture. Some people weren't seeing a peppermint swirl! Yikes.

Nathan said...

darn now i wanna see the picture again so i can "see" jack and meg in it

Benjamin Crum said...

just search for "white stripes" on google image search and it'll be like the first picture that comes up.

Anonymous said...

where can u buy alexie murdoch orangw sky

many thanx

skyblue

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.