Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Spore



Okay, so this video is really long (over 30 minutes), so I guess I will try to summarize. There is a new game coming out from Electronic Arts called Spore. When I first heard about it I thought it sounded lame, and when I first saw the graphics for it at the EA website I thought it looked like a kid game. It is neither lame nor a kiddie game. You start off in a fairly two dimensional world within a drop of water. You are almost at the cellular level and you simply swim around eating other cells. The game evolves from there to "creature" level, to "tribal" level, to space mode (one of the coolest features of space mode was the Genesis tool that allows your UFO to turn a barren planet into a lush, livable world). The scope of the game is huge and the guy who is demoing this video keeps making references to the other games that Spore is like. Sim City, Space Invaders, Civilization, Risk etc... This game is awesome.

1 comments:

Nate said...

that is pretty sweet looking

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.