Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Incredible

Last night Michal and I went to see The Incredibles with Steve and Jen. The Incredibles, the new film from Pixar and Disney, may be the best one yet. I think my favorite Pixar film is still Monsters Inc. but this one is top-notch. The film follows the ups and downs of the life of superhero Mr. Incredible and his family of "supers". His son, Dash, was one of my favorite charactors... he seemed like all those kids we know with ADD. Frozone (yes, that was one of the superhero's names) was the best comic relief I have seen in an animated film since Hades in Hercules.



On a greater scale than just the film are the disolving ties between cartoon mega-monster Disney (aka "the mouse") and CGI power-house Pixar. Pixar, who shares a CEO with Apple computers, has only one film left on contract with Disney and then they are parting ways. The next film to come, Cars, seems to have appeal for Nascar fans, people who make fun of Nascar fans, and also fans of Thomas the Tank Engine.


I am very excited to see what Pixar will come up with on their own. Boundin' - the short film before The Incredibles, I think is a taste of what's to come. Original, beautifuly animated, and clever. I think it will translate well into full length films. I'm not quite sure what Disney's influence has done to the Pixar films but I imagine that it has only been negative. Pixar may be the next Disney! Time will soon tell.


0 comments:

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.