Home ::: Links ::: Contact

My iTunes

Well, I guess since I have been spending a lot of time writing about really important things and life-changing decisions, that I should now write about something a little lighter... like, what I am listening to
these days. First off, though, before I launch into it, I want to make one thing clear... look at my picture... look closely. I am by no means an Emo kid. I like Weezer, I always have, but just because I like other Weezer-like bands doesn't mean I wear tight jeans, Ramones t-shirts, horn-rimmed glasses, and mope around the indie-music store all day. That having been said, here is my list of indie music (mainly) that I listen to these days... this list will of course change in the next week or two, but that what it's all about:


1. Ben Kweller - Just found out about this guy last week... he rocks you can even download his music from his website | here

2. Elliott Smith - Again, a guy I just started listening to. I bought the XO cd and than the From a Basement... album as soon as it came out. Kind of a sad, suicidal sound.

3. Wilco - I have listened to them for a while but never bought a cd 'till A Ghost is Born came out, this album is great. They are kind of my post-Guster fix. Check 'em out! - not to be confused with Wilco plumbing.

4. Modest Mouse - This is a little less indie and a little more verge!
Great sound, a little "out there" but with tracks like The World at Large and Float On this is one solid album | Good News for People who Like Bad News.

5. Rufus Wainwright - This guy might be the one on this list who stays here. He isn't what I would call phenomenal, but he has such a rich sound that I think he will be around for a while. With his new album Want Two he is well on his way to being a solid contender for my "Ben's Music List" of the year.



Well, that's it. There are some of the top artists that I am listening to. I think an honorable mention should go to Fountains of Wayne, Lyle Lovett, Guster, John Hiatt, Loudon Wainwright III, and Bruce Springsteen since they have all made it to the "top 25 most played" playlist on iTunes. One more thing to mention here too... Synergy... this is a little utility that everyone on a mac should have, check it out!

0 comments:

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.