Home ::: Links ::: Contact

What am I tired of?

I am reading through Doug Fields' book, Your first two years in youth ministry and just read a letter that his friend Brian wrote him about being tired and quitting. This is exactly how I feel. I have been at this for less than a year, I know that I don't know what I am really doing, but I am tired of being tired.


As Brian said in his letter, I am tired of parents having a beef with me, but instead of telling me they call a dozen other people. I'm tired of people considering youth ministry as less important than other ministries and not giving me the support I need (and I'm tired of buying this lie). All in all I'm just tired. Brian said that he had quit the day before, but then he went home, not having told anyone and read this:


Wherefore, take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:13


The battle isn't between me and parents. It's not between me and kids, it's not between me and myself, rather the battle is the Lord's. He is fighting, through me, the powers of darkness in this world and my call is to stand.


And stand I will.


Your feet are going to be on the ground, your head is there to move you around, so stand - REM, Stand

0 comments:

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.