Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Super Sleuth

I have been getting a lot of questions recently about the legendary Super Sleuth. Questions like, "were you really the Sleuth?" and "is the Sleuth really that cool in person?" and "who the heck are you talking about you raving lunatic?!?" Needless to say, some explanation is needed. Many of you will remember the exploits of the Sleuth in such mysteries as The Super Sleuth and the Freak and The Super Sleuth and the Freak (part 2). The Sleuth was more than just a comic book hero who had mechanical arms, he was the mold by which the whole orange rots.
When the first Super Sleuth comic was released back in 1997, many critics said that it was too much like the Stock Bond comics to be truly considered "original" or "even remotely funny", yet despite all the scrutiny of the press, the comics designer (me) continued his pursuit of the perfect comic-book hero. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of creating a comic-book character, for me, is that I had never read a comic book before. This meant that the only knowledge of comics that I had was gained through my conversations with the creator of the comic, Stock Bond. Thus, similarities between Stock Bond and the Super Sleuth inadvertently arose. For example: Stock has a mechanical arm, Super Sleuth has mechanical arms and legs (thanks to the Freak). Stock Bond is unnecessarily violent as is the Sleuth. And they both have British accents. Check out the re-release of the Super Sleuth comics, coming soon!

1 comments:

Nathan said...

I think I do remember SuperSleuth - at least I remember some of the gratituous violence. Can't wait for the reissue! Send me a copy.

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.