Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Final Straw

I meant this to be just another post. I meant this to be simply the third installment in a contest I am in to claim supreme dominance over all blog-dom. This is not a simple post though. This is the bcBlog's 100th POST!!!

By means of celebration I would like to give this shortlist of 5 bands and artists that I really enjoy (I know, if I were like my brother Jon this would be a list of 100 bands, but I'm not Jon):

1. Radiohead - over the past few years Radiohead has moved in to first place on my list of favorite bands. You've gotta check out Hail to the Thief and The Bends

2. Beck - I've been listening to Beck ever since Nate got in trouble for Devil's Haircut, but it wasn't until Sea Change that I really started to listen. No with Guero and all the remixes from it, Beck has made it to the top of my list.

3. Stereophonics - The only band on this list that I don't own an album of, yet all I needed to do was listen to "Maybe Tomorrow" and I was hooked. Check it out.

4. Postal Service - Thank you Matt. I think it was on our way down to Florida a while back we put in this CD and I have been listening to it ever since. If I could have only a few albums on a desert Island, I think this would be one. (PS> Thanks Apple for making this mainstream).

5. Snow Patrol - I know this one is a little random (if you really think it's random you've never seen my playlists before). But the whole album Final Straw really grows on you and the song "Run" is amazing.

Well, that's it.

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Radiohead rocks my socks.

Benjamin Crum said...

thanks "beck", I love your website. everyone who is not beck, you can go to the "disco-box" on his website and listen to a great mix of Beck!!!

Anonymous said...

Ben, thank you for mentioning Apple® Computers in this post (under the great band Postal Service). I know there has been a lot of controversy over our stealing their music video for our ad, but it did work out in the end (as it is now the most downloaded video on iTunes©). Keep up the good work (and ditto David and Pals ---Happy 100!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben,
Did you know you get three points if I comment on your blog? So happy 100th post or whatever! -Stephen Paul Roberts, Devoted MOABite. (if anyone doubts this is me, they can email me at sprobert@purdue.edu for confirmation)

Benjamin Crum said...

hmm... I don't know kim. What's the name of the file that you are trying to use? Thanks Stephen and Steve and David (and "Pals"). Beck, your website rocks!

Anonymous said...

how many comments have you had over the past 100 posts? If you could get Nathan to post comments on all your blog posts you would have like 1,000,000! That would be cool

Anonymous said...

this contest is crazy

Anonymous said...

i agree with jack the ripper

Anonymous said...

and i agree with both of them

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what do you all think the best Star Wars movie is?

Anonymous said...

the empire strikes back - everyone knows that

Anonymous said...

i beg to differ yahoo. return of the jedi has the coolest space battle, the ewoks, the speeder bikes, and the emperor - it just doesn't get any better then that

Anonymous said...

i only did return of the jedi for the money

Anonymous said...

Ok Computer was our last truly great album . . . then we kinda got weird for a while, but had a really great comeback with Hail to the Thief. That's also one of the coolest covers of all time.

Anonymous said...

don't be so hard on yourself, radiohead, all of your albums have merit

Anonymous said...

yeah, we love you radiohead. in fact we stole your sound, incorperating in enough of a pop sensibility to be wildly popular and make a trillion dollars by ripping you off.

Anonymous said...

don't be so hard on yourself, coldplay, we stole radiohead's sound too. all british prog rock bands are allowed to do it

Anonymous said...

don't be so hard on yourself, muse.

absolution was a pretty great freakin album, even if you did rip off coldplay ripping off radiohead.

Anonymous said...

look at that, three blue saids and one black saids!

i'm a genius!

Anonymous said...

to said . . . said . . . said ...

i assume you meant you url to go to said.com not "siad.com"

Anonymous said...

Ben, you should be careful what you wish for.

It seems like your call for additional comments has really brought out the dregs of blogging society.

Anonymous said...

i resent that, anonymous!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo! i am the twenty-sixth comment!

Benjamin Crum said...

actually, radiohead, there are some great albums between OK and Hail to the Thief (the Bends, Kid A). Though these albums take some listening to understand, they turn out great with time.

Anonymous said...

ben, i think you should win a gold metal for this blog contest :)

Nathan said...

i think the bends and kid a are both pretty great albums - you do have to get into them though, they don't provide instant gratification

James Hogue said...

A good friend of mine (with whom both our wives spent a few months) would say: "Ben, you're not a well man!"

Anonymous said...

i hate beck

Anonymous said...

what kind of music do you like zorro?

Anonymous said...

he likes flamenco music

Anonymous said...

heil myself

Anonymous said...

kim, it is possible, if you have spaces in the file name (or maybe even certain characters) that it won't work. Try naming it "kim.jpg" or something like that

Anonymous said...

As amusing as all of these comments are, I am afraid that I must be the bearer of bad news. (This just seen on the contest rules)

7. Fake comments (staged comments) will not be scored. That should've been a rule from the beginning.

Sorry, Ben!

Benjamin Crum said...

WHAT!! You lame-wad... I was gonna win this freakin' thing... you can't cancel it, I QUIT!!!

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.