Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Five Good Joints

or: five nice tracks

I was talking to Jon (aka, Jon The Crum, aka, J-Crew) yesterday and he had this great idea for a blog post. Rather than posting his top 1,000,000 favorite albums of all time, he would post "the top 10 albums that he currently likes". So I want to take a quick moment to do something similar. Here are five songs that I really like. You can check out the previews for them on iTunes and then illegally download them from Limewire.

Song #1: Fireflies - Rhett Miller --- Nice bluegrass feel.

Song #2: Gravity - Embrace --- Like Nate says, lead piano in modern pop-alternative-rock...rocks.

Song #3: Rent A Cop - Ben Folds --- Okay, so this one is a little "iffy", but it's so funny. If you have ever seen Mall Rats you'll know what I mean.

Song #4: I Saw A Hippie Girl On 8th Ave. - Jeffrey Lewis --- I don't know if they have this one on iTunes, but it's an awesome track. When I first heard it I actually thought it was THE Jeffrey Lewis (aka, the Lew).

Song #5: Dakota - Stereophonics --- This is one of my current favorite bands, and this song is one of my current favorite band's songs that is currently awesome.

Well, there you have it. Five songs that I like right now. You should check them out.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I'm not even going to waste my time previewing them...I'm going straight to Limewire!

Nathan said...

i like how the name of that sterophonics album seems to be taken straight from the mpaa warning on a movie

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.