Home ::: Links ::: Contact

iTunes top 10

With the release of the new iPod Shuffle I think it is high time that we all realize the importance of veriety in our listening habits. I saw a book at B&N Bookstore the other day that was simply a collection of play-lists for iTunes. You simply look up "ska" and it lists off the top 25 songs or so that you need to download to start off your ska collection... needless to say, it was one of the dumbest ideas for a book that I have ever seen. Seriously, who needs to buy a book that has the same lists that they can find anywhere on the web and even within iTunes itself.

So here now is what has made it to my top 25 most played list on iTunes (this is only the top 10 off of that list):

1] Hey Julie - Fountains of Wayne
2] Cry Love - John Hiatt
3] Diane - Guster
4] The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
5] Amsterdam - Guster
6] The Scarlet Tide - Alison Krauss
7] Careful - Guster
8] Ramona - Guster
9] Everything is Everything - Phoenix
10] The Swimming Song - Loudon Wainwright III

Okay, I know what you're thinking... who the heck is Loudon Wainwright the 3rd?...and also, "I thought you said veriety...you have four out of ten songs on that list by Guster?!" Well, when I got that Guster CD I think I must have gone a little overboard with how many times I played it in the first week or two. I believe the entire CD is on my top 100 list.

Other stuff worth checking out is Radiohead's "Hail to the Theif", Snow Patrol "Final Straw", the Kill Bill Vol. 1 Soundtrack, and anything by Nick Drake. Let me know what you think about this one... give me some sugestions of what to listen to... broaden my scope. I'm all ears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Ben, does it ruin your blog that an almost-40 yo mother of teenagers listened to your music picks and actually likes them? Just trying to stay up on the times...thanks for a fun site. Blessings, Deb in Budapest

Benjamin Crum said...

Nope

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.