Home ::: Links ::: Contact

Movie of the Week

Or, movie of last week... Almost every day last week I looked for a movie to write about and couldn't find one I liked.

The Sentinel
This film stars Michael Douglas, an actor who I don't really like. It has Kiefer Sutherland who I know a lot of people like because of 24, but again, I couldn't care less. It also has Kim Basinger (in a very small role) and I say "who cares". So where does my interest in this film come from? I like it because it looks like a chapter from a Joel Rosenberg novel. A secret service agent (Douglas) is suspected of treason (he wants to kill the Pres) and is hunted down in Minority Report fashion. He must prove his innocence (in The Fugitive fashion) by finding who the true bad guy is. Okay, so it simply combines multiple other film ideas in to one, but I buy it. It looks like it could be a good show and with the studio not giving it a huge build-up I have hope that maybe it won't be one of the studios big disappointments.



My rating: 7 of 10 - Good show, good story, old actors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you actively hate michael douglas, kim basinger, and keifer sutherland, or do you just not give a rip either way about them? cuz they've all been in some really good stuff, and some really crappy stuff.

Benjamin Crum said...

I don't hate them (though, I don't remember seeing anything good with Sutherland) but they aren't my favorite actors

Nate said...

I don't care too much for Douglas or Basinger, but Sutherland is the best actor on TV, and Jack is the badest dude ever (on TV, becasue Han and Indiana Jones have him beat)

Welcome, to the bcBlog

This is the official blog of Ben Crum & BC Online. Check out the Crum Brothers at Crumbros.com and the Crum Family at the CrumFamilyBlog.